|Early Morning Chimney Fire in Newlin Township|
|By Fire Chief Frank Dowlin|
|January 10, 2020|
On Friday morning January 10, 2020 shortly after 0300 the Modena Fire Company along with Coatesville Ladder 41 was dispatched to the 2000 unit block of Strasburg Road in Newlin Township for a reported chimney fire.
Chief 37 responded and was advised that the resident believed it to be contained to chimney.
Chief 37 and Engine 37-3 arrived and had light smoke from the chimney, crews entered the structure to investigate as ladder 41-1 arrived and went in service laddering the roof.
Crews found the chimney packed with burnt debris, crews dropped chains and worked to clean the burnt debris out, this was time consuming as the debris was heavily packed in the chimney.
Finally after about an hour the debris was cleaned out and units cleared the scene around 0415.
|Units:||Engine 37-2, Engine 37-3, Ambulance 37-2|
|Mutual Aid:||Ladder 41-1|